Saturday, September 27, 2014

Baby Tag---Brett Addition

I came across the Baby Tag post I did with Sam and thought I might do it with Brett as well.

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
At my house in Laramie.

2- Who was with you?
Most likely Charlie and Sam were in the house.

3- How did you find out that you were pregnant?
I took a test. It said I was.

4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?
I was really happy, but I was perturbed at the same time. I had finally been ok thinking that it might be good to only have one kid. Sam was in school and I finally had some time to myself again each day.

5- Your Husbands reaction?
He was oblivious for a while.

6- Who was the first person you told?
Charlie

7-Did you plan to get pregnant?
Yes

8-Was everybody happy for you?
Very much so.

9- Did you go out and celebrate?
Maybe had some dinner,.

10- Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes

11- What was the sex?
Boy

12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower?
No

13- If yes, who?


14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby?


15- How much weight did you gain?
Forty pounds. Same as with Sam.

16- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained?
Well, I lost it all, but I gained a few pounds later that refuse to leave.

17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks?
Oh yeah. Tons of them. I think I still had them from when I had Sam.

18- What did you crave the most?
Bacon Cheeseburgers. It was actually the point that I wondered if I was pregnant. I was at a football game, and Charlie bought a hamburger. I looked at it and thought, "Ooh, that looks good. I think I'll get one." And it was good. Which was weird for me. I ate more hamburgers during this pregnancy than I had for about the previous (at least) 10 years combined.


19- Did you crave anything crazy?
Probably the Bacon Cheeseburgers. I'm not a huge fan of large bits of meat all at once.

20- Who or what got on your nerves the most?
The pregnancy was pretty hard on me. For months I had to lay down about every 10 minutes or I would be in so much pain.

21- Were you married at the time?
Yes

22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Lots of pain. I was in labor for about 6 weeks.

23- Where were you when you went into labor?
I think 4 of the times, I was at my parent's house. One time I was on my way to the hospital for low fetal movement. He started moving a ton on the way there, but I started into labor again, so we just kept going. The final time I was in the hospital being induced.

24- Did your water break?
Not by itself.

No 25? Hmmm.

26- Did you go early or late?
I was induced a week late.

27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?
Charlie, my mom, the doctor, and a couple nurses.

28- Was it video taped?
Umm, no. I don't think I would want that tape lying around my house.

29- Did you have any drugs for the pain?
Yeah, but I wish I didn't. I got a spinal headache from the epidural. Worst pain of my life!

30-Did you go vaginal or have a c-section?
vaginal

31- What was your first reaction after giving birth?
I really wanted a shower. Brett was a messy baby in more ways than one, and with the way they do things now, mama and baby have 2 hours of skin-to-skin.

32- How big was the baby(s)?
7 lbs 14 oz

33- Did your Husband cry?
Yep

34- What did you name the baby(s)?
Brett Gilbert Cordova

35-Did the name have any significance to you?
Brett was inspired by (Not named after. There's a big difference, so no one make fun of me) UW's quaterback Brett Smith. Gilbert after Charlie's dad.

36-Does the baby's name fit?
Yeah. 

37- Did the baby(s) have any complications?
I don't think so.

38- How old is your baby today?
1 year 1 month

39- When is the next one(s) coming?
No clue.

40- If you could would you do it all over again?
You mean would I choose to do it again? No, I'd rather not go through all that physical and emotional pain again. If I had to go through it all again in order to have Brett, then I guess I would go through it, but not voluntarily.

No comments: