Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shots, Laundromats, and Haircuts

Today was Sam's 6 month checkup. He did really well taking his shots. He only cried for about a minute, which made me feel better.

Since I went home for Thanksgiving, I had all the laundry to do when I got back. I decided, since I still have no dryer, the best thing to do would be to wash the clothes at home, then go to a laundromat to dry the clothes. Now I'm broke. I had never been to a laundromat before, and I guess I completely underestimated the cost of it. It was 25 cents for 9 minutes of dryer time. Luckily we had more spare change in the car. In all, I spent about $10, which I thought was ridiculous. It's just more incentive for me to fix my dryer so I won't have to spend as much money.

I decided it was finally time to give Sam a haircut since some of his hair is as long as Charlie's (which is really actually pretty long). I was afraid the sound of the clippers was going to scare him, or he was going to wiggle around everywhere, but he did really well. He basically stayed in one spot, and didn't start crying until I was just getting done. I guess I was scared for nothing.



2 comments:

Cass said...

Be sure to watch the want ads or the bulletin boards on campus. You can find a used dryer for a pretty good price, especially between semesters and at summer yard sales.

Joseph kept trying to look at the clippers when we did his hair.

Sure looks cute! But they lose the baby look when you cut it.

Cancro Family said...

What a cutie!! By the way, Chris and I used to spend AT LEAST $40/month at laundry mats for the past 7 years. We finally have our own. I will never go back.