Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Month of September

I hadn't been able to get up much in the morning to help get Sam ready for school since Amelia had been born. He decided to write a message for me to see when I got up.


Another morning
Sam: I don't know what to write.
Charlie: Maybe you could tell her a joke, then tell her you love her at the end,
Sam:
I guess he didn't know any jokes :)

Brett has been pretty accident-prone lately. One night after the boys were in bed, Brett started crying. I went in to check on him, and he was just laying in his bed. It sounded like a hurt cry, so I asked Sam what happened. He said, "I don't know. He just started crying." I didn't see anything wrong, so I tucked him back in and went to bed. The next morning, he woke up with a black eye.

We still don't know what happened. A couple days later, Brett was getting into something he wasn't supposed to. I was feeding Amelia at the time, so I asked Sam to take Brett away. Sam grabbed him, then Brett threw a fit and lost his ability to stand. Unfortunately, he landed right on the leg of the rocker. He ended up with a big knot on his head. He was having a rough day, so we called Grandma to see if she wanted to come over. I put a step stool by the window so he could watch for her. He somehow managed to get his fingers stuck in the window. I had a hard time getting them out, but they didn't bruise, so that's good.

Amelia loves watching her grandparents. She always gives them great smiles. It's nice being able to live close to so much family so our kids can get to know them better.

Sam decided to read his reading homework to Amelia one night. She was really calm the whole time.

Brett decided to read to her after Sam was done.

We did our best to watch the solar eclipse. The boys had fun jumping on the trampoline.


Amelia had her baby blessing. We had talked to Sam about it earlier, and he said he wanted to help with the blessing.  He was pretty bummed when we told him he wouldn't be able to help, so instead he prayed with Charlie to help think of some things that Charlie could bless her with during the blessing. 

Amelia with her namesake:

My mom was able to find the dress from my baby blessing, so Amelia was blessed in that. This was the only picture we remembered to take just of her.

No comments: