Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Preschool Thanksgiving Party--Nov 29

I was in charge of the Thanksgiving party for Sam's preschool.

We started out with a story about the first Thanksgiving and why we have it. (I didn't think to take picture of the actual events. Whoops!) Then we did a thankful tree. I had each child tell me something that they were thankful for. "Daddy" was a pretty popular one. I think my favorite responses were, "Soap" (yeah, I'm pretty thankful for that, too) and "Cute little mice that scare my grandma." I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere :)


Next was snack time. We had turkey pinwheels (tortillas, turkey, cheese, and cream cheese), juice, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I can't remember. (I guess that's why I shouldn't wait a month and a half to write it down :)
Next was our craft. We made necklaces out of noodles. I had dyed them earlier, so they were quite colorful.
Then we went fishing like the pilgrims. I had little treat bags that had all sorts of goodies inside, like this turkey pop, a little activity book, and a homemade puzzle (which took WAY too long to make. I don't think I'm doing that again :)


Here's the pinata I made. The instructions I had for it said to make the head out of just a balloon. I thought it looked kind of weird, so I used paper mache for the head as well. What I didn't take into consideration was how much weight this would add, so the turkey kept falling forward. I eventually got it to where it would stay mostly upright, but Charlie said it looked like my turkey had hung itself. I have to agree with him.


It was stuffed with little bags of popcorn and Skittles, because after this, we all sat down and watched Charlie Brown's Christmas. I was quite surprised how intently most of them watched it.

Overall, I think the party was a success, but I'll admit I went overboard. Remind me not to do that next time :)

No comments: