As you can see, my face is pretty swollen, and one side of my face doesn't work. This makes for a lot of teasing from my family members. And to make matters worse, I can't open my mouth more than about an inch, which makes it very difficult to eat anything. It's getting better. The swelling is almost completely gone, and both sides of my face work again, but I still can't open my mouth. Grrr!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Wisdom Teeth
Before we left for Lovell, my wisdom teeth had really been bothering me. We decided it would be a good idea have them taken out in Billings so I would be able to recover around family. I was only going to get the bottom 2 taken out because they were the only ones that had come through. After I got the X-ray, I found out that I actually had 5 wisdom teeth. After a bit of discussion, I decided to get them all taken out at once, so I wouldn't have to come in again in a couple years to get the other ones taken care of. This meant I had to get anesthesia, which wasn't the original plan. The way the doctor explained what kind of anesthesia I would have was that I would be awake, and I would be able to feel some of the pain, but I would forget it all. All I remember is having the doctor put the anesthesia in my IV and say "It should take about 30 seconds for you to get tired." Then I remember thinking, "I'm feeling a little dizzy." and that was it. When I woke up, I was trying extremely hard to stay coherent. I didn't want to become a YouTube sensation like "David after Dentist" or "Unicorns after Dentist." I didn't react great to the anesthesia afterward. My mom said that for days afterward, she would tell me something, and I would have no recollection of it. It left me very tired as well. I slept a lot. It's a good thing both our families live so close together, because Charlie was able to take Sam to his parents' house so I could just sleep. Then there was the swelling.


As you can see, my face is pretty swollen, and one side of my face doesn't work. This makes for a lot of teasing from my family members. And to make matters worse, I can't open my mouth more than about an inch, which makes it very difficult to eat anything. It's getting better. The swelling is almost completely gone, and both sides of my face work again, but I still can't open my mouth. Grrr!
As you can see, my face is pretty swollen, and one side of my face doesn't work. This makes for a lot of teasing from my family members. And to make matters worse, I can't open my mouth more than about an inch, which makes it very difficult to eat anything. It's getting better. The swelling is almost completely gone, and both sides of my face work again, but I still can't open my mouth. Grrr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Sue. I'm sure that Charlie likes you not being able to open your mouth...probably makes the house pretty quite. ;)
So sorry hun. :( Hope you are all better soon. I still have to get mine out, I'm dragging my feet on it though. And you give me even more of a reason to do so.
Post a Comment