Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Other stuff I forgot to write about

 Sam started swimming lessons this week. The first day, he was afraid to put his face in the water. He didn't like the water in his eyes. So we bought some goggles for him. He's been wearing them non-stop ever since then. We finally had to tell him he could only wear them during swimming because he was going to wear them out too fast.



 Here's Charlie with his internship mentor. They took us out to dinner one night to say goodbye.

 Sam discovered chop sticks. He worked really hard to eat his noodles. It took him about 3 times as long to eat, but he kept at it and eventually finished it off.


Back in March, we had a major snow storm. Sam really wanted to play out in the snow, but I was too exhausted. Luckily, Charlie was able to go out and play with him. That's when I discovered that Charlie had never made a snow man before. That surprised me. I thought anyone that lived in Wyoming had to have built a snow man at some point.



 Here's the snow man Sam and Charlie made. Sam checked on it every day to make sure it was still there, and he was pretty sad when the day came that the snow man finally melted.


My parents bought a big blow-up ball. We threw in a bunch of ball pit balls. Sam had a ton of fun. I was worried that he was going to get sick from rolling around so much, but he seemed to be fine.



 The college had a big Easter egg hunt. Apparently about twice as many kids showed up as they had planned, so it got pretty crazy. Some of the parents got vicious when it came to the eggs.


 There was supposed to be lunch for everyone, but with so many people, there wasn't enough for everyone. We decided to take off and get some donuts for lunch (which is all over Sam's face). They had face painting at the egg hunt, and Sam wanted a yellow Angry Bird. I don't think the person knew what an Angry bird was, but Sam was still happy with it :)


No comments: