Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Season Has Started

Softball season is rolling. I'm able to play co-ed this year. I couldn't last year because I had just given birth to Sam and I was in no condition to play. There is a rule that you have to have an equal amount or more girls than guys. Lucky for me, we're having a shortage of women right now, which is probably the only reason I am playing the whole game. I am way out of shape for softball, so I'm not doing that great. I was able to get 2 RBI's, and I threw a double play, but those are the highlights for me. Charlie's work schedule works out just right to where he can get down the mountain in time for our game. He pitched this game, something I don't think he's ever done. He did great. He also made some good plays. I think he likes to fall down and make the throws more intense. Maybe he thinks it keeps his team alert or something. We lost our first game due to the time limit. We had another game that we won 15-4. They called the game. I guess it makes up for it.

Sam had his 1-year shots today. The nurse said he had really tough legs, so the needle was harder to get in him. I'm betting it's his HUGE muscles :) He cried quite a bit, so I told him we would get him some ice cream. We went to McDonald's and got one of those teeny ice cream cones. He gobbled it up and calmed down. My mom came with me. She said she cried when the nurse gave him the shot. I had to kind of laugh at that, because it didn't even make me cry.

Sam is starting to walk. I would put a video up, but I can't get my video camera to work with my computer. He's taking 5 or 6 steps on his own and his balance is getting good. Pretty soon, we won't be able to keep up with him. Well, that's about it.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Michelle,
That sounds like a ton of fun. Last time I played softball they put me in as catcher, little did I know that the catcher's job is huge and really important!! Needless to say, they only had me play when they needed only one more girl on the roster. :)
It is exciting (and scary) that Sam is walking, pretty soon you'll need a leash for him!
Have fun