Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not So Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary. It definately could have been better. Sam woke me up at about 5:30 (about 2 hours earlier than usual). I figured he was hungry because he hadn't eaten all night. So I got him a bottle. After he finished the bottle, I was rocking him back to sleep, when all of a sudden, everything he had just eaten came spewing out, all over me, him, the blanket, and the floor. I set him on the bed so I could clean up,but then he threw up all over that too. So I decided to take a bath with him. After that, Charlie got up with him so I could get more sleep. He went down for a nap and Charlie took off to class. When I got up, I found that Sam had his first major blowout, all over his crib, pillow, everything. So I had to clean that up as well. Later in the day, I started feeling sick and was basically stuck in bed the rest of the day. Charlie had to miss his classes to take care of Sam because it made me sick to sit up He was going to get off work but I told him I should be OK for a couple hours. He took really good care of me. Sam was feeling pretty sick too, so sick that he wouldn't even eat his banana puffs (which is really saying something because he would go through an entire container in a day). Not the best way to spend our anniversary. And this morning, Charlie was sick as well. Thankfully, he doesn't seem as sick as I was. Sam was still sick, and I had to change his sheets yet again. He seems better this afternoon. We took him to the doctor just to be sure, but they didn't seem too alarmed. Apparently there's something going around. Hopefully we'll all be better by the time Charlie's parents come at the end of the week.

Sam is really crawling now. He was following me around this morning while I was cleaning stuff up. He's got pretty bad rug burn on his knees and elbows from trying to scoot more than crawl. And just today, he pulled himself up to a standing position using the couch. He fell right after, but that's progress. He'll be walking before you know it. He already loves to walk while holding my hands. He's growing up so fast. :(

2 comments:

Ranee` said...

Oh! I'm so sorry you guys are sick. That sucks, especially on your anniversary! And it always sucks when you're sick with kids, 'cause it's just not the same as when you could lounge all day and not worry about anything! But aren't husbands great! Nearly as good as moms...!

Danielle said...

There's nothing worse than a sick baby! I hope you all feel better soon.