Sam decided he wanted to try learning to ride a bike again. Charlie took him out one day. He did really well. But I think he got tired of falling down (he couldn't figure out how to work the brakes).
We had Sam's party recently. He asked for a Minecraft party, which was simple enough. I tried really hard to keep it simple, but I don't think I have it in me. The kids were able to get prizes by earning colored blocks throughout the party and "crafting" items on the crafting table. It took a little while, but they finally got the hang of it.
I found these Minecraft heads at a yard sale. We used them for Creeper Tag. I was really funny watching them run around. Some of them had a really hard time seeing through the holes.
We had a Creeper Toss
And Musical Minecraft (a variation of musical chairs)
For the food, we had Minecraft blocks: dirt blocks (chocolate cake and Cheerio treats), grass blocks (chocolate cake with green frosting), sand (rice krispie treats), lava (red jello), water (blue jello), and snow (ice cream). We also had a pinata cake for the candles.
We had a joint birthday party with a cousin since his birthday was around the same time.
Sam got a rocket. He was excited to try it out, but it was hard with so many people around. We think someone may have pumped it too much and it's not working now. Hopefully we'll be able to fix it.
I was happy with the way everything turned out. I was relieved when the party was over, until I walked into my kitchen and realized I still had the clean up. *sigh*
Sam started coach pitch this summer. He's having a lot of fun with it.
Brett likes to walk through the dug out and give all the players high five.
Charlie is a co-coach. He planned on being a coach, but communication got messed up somewhere along the way, so now he's a co-coach.
Sam did a really good slide. The other kid coming in got in the way of the picture though :(
Brett learned how to climb into the bathroom sink. We started locking the bathroom door again to keep him out, so now he's on to mastering getting into the kitchen sink.
While at my parents one day, one of my nephews ran in and said, "Brett's in the sink." I figured he had just gotten into the bathroom, but then I realized the bathroom was shut. I went into the kitchen, and sure enough, he had managed to climb into the sink. He pulled up a step stool and was able to get up there. Unfortunately, the sink was full of water, so we had to find him some new clothes to wear.
We went out to Slide Rock for Family Home Evening while my sister was here. None of us were really sure exactly how to get there, so we drove around the back roads for quite a while until we got close enough to walk down. Everyone had fun, but Brett wasn't very happy. He was too small to go down by himself, but we didn't have any cardboard big enough for two people. We tried taking him in a little box, but he still wasn't very happy.
He just wanted to play in the car.
After Slide Rock, we headed back to my parents' house for ice cream cones. Brett really enjoyed his.
Charlie wasn't able to come with us to Slide Rock because of work, but we got to spend a little time with him after he got home before it was bed time.





No comments:
Post a Comment