Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Billings Day Trip

We have found ourselves in need of a new fridge and a new car. Our fridge hasn't been great since we moved in, and with a new addition coming, we no longer fit in our little Focus. We decided to make a trip to Billings to do some shopping. We decided to take the boys with us and make it a fun day. We first headed to look for a fridge. I found a great one at Lowes, one with an ice dispenser in the door. We've missed having one. Sadly, it is 1/16 of an inch too wide. I still may get it and see if we can figure something out. That was the only one I found that would fit our needs. I told Sam that if he was good, I would take him to Chuck E. Cheese. He's been asking to go ever since we took him a few months ago. When we got there, Brett decided to fall asleep. Charlie wasn't too thrilled to go to Chuck E. Cheese anyway, so I volunteered to go in with Sam while Charlie stayed out with Brett. He was perfectly fine with that arrangement. Time flew by. We were in there for about 2 hours. It was definitely cheap entertainment. The nice thing is that Sam isn't focused on getting tickets. He's focused on the fun. He spent a lot of time on the same racing game as last time. There were a lot more kids, so I wasn't able to race with him like he wanted, but we still had fun. They had a photo booth there this time, so Sam and I decided to take a picture. I think it's a mix of Sam's inability for a genuine smile on cue and the fact that the placement of the camera was looking right up your nose, but the picture makes me laugh. We tried for another one and just made silly faces. Sam ended up getting enough tickets for a few odds and ends. The thing he was most excited about was a bookmark. He's been reading the Boxcar Children, but his bookmark fell out at some point. When we got back in the car, he stuck in right in his book. After we were done, I decided to try for another normal picture. Charlie had come in to look for us, so we made it a family picture. I guess we weren't completely ready, because it didn't turn out so great. I tried one final one. It was the best one we got :)






After Chuck E. Cheese, we drove around looking for cars. We had driven one earlier in the day that we really liked, but we wanted to keep looking around. By that time, most of the places were closing down, so we mostly just looked at a few different models and left. Charlie wanted to take Sam to Scheels, so we headed over there. Charlie made him go on the ferris wheel. He really didn't want to. He kept his head buried in Charlie's lap the entire time. I kept trying to get his attention, but he just stayed buried. After that, we just walked around the store, taking pictures and playing the the play area. I was able to get a cart with a car on it, so that helped keep the boys in one place.





After Scheels, we headed for some dinner and went home. So we're basically still in the same boat we were in before: no fridge, and no car. I guess we'll try again another day.


No comments: