Sunday, June 1, 2014

Birthday Party

We had Sam's birthday party last week. I let time get away from me this year and wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be. It was actually supposed to be the week before, but I was nowhere near ready and had deadlines for a lot of other stuff, so I pushed it back a week. As it was, I was rushing the night before and that morning to get stuff done that I had planned. I forgot how hard it is to get anything done when you have a baby clinging to you all the time. 

I had made this carnival cutout ahead of time because I knew it would take a while, but that's about as much as I got done in the weeks before.



 My mom made these masks for me the morning of the party.


I at least remembered to make the cake and cupcakes the night before so they could cool before decorating them, but it was a rush job to get the cake decorated.

 I was  still gluing the pinata as people were coming.

All the kids went out and jumped on the trampoline while I was still getting ready. 

 I made some balloon swords to go along with the masks, and they had fun with those.

The first thing we did was break open the pinata. I had little pieces of paper inside with a shape on each one. The kids had to grab a paper, then go out to the front yard and find the package that had a matching shape.



After that, we sang Happy Birthday and blew out candles. I thought it would be fun to get trick candles. It scared Sam because they kept sparking. I guess he thought it was going to hurt him or something.



It was pretty fun to watch.

Everyone got a turn getting their picture taken. We even had some two-headed ones in there.


 Then it was time to open presents. After that, it was time to go home. Overall, I think the kids had a lot of fun. One even said it was "super crazy fun" :) I know Sam liked it.

I tried really hard to keep it simple. Do you think I succeeded? :)

And I can't leave out this little guy. Brett kept grabbing all the balloons. Then he'd get mad when you would take them away.




No comments: