We all took a trip to the Big Horn Mountains on Friday. I think everyone enjoyed it. We stopped at a picnic area for lunch, and it had a small stream going through. I had taken Sam's socks and shoes off because I figured he'd get in the water. After about 10 minutes, he still hadn't gone in the water, and I didn't want him to jurt his feet on the rocks, so I put them back on him. After about a minute, he was tramping through the stream.

Silas wanted me to keep taking his picture. He kept getting closer and closer :)


Here's all the grandkids. It's kind of hard to keep 9 kids in one spot, so this was the best I got.

There are a couple ponds near where Charlie lived last summer, so we thought the kids would like to go fishing. Sam became a little possessive of the fishing pole. He would get mad every time Charlie's dad took it from him to recast it or if it was another child's turn to fish. It didn't help that it was past nap time.

He caught one!


This is at Shell Falls. The boys enjoyed running across this bridge.

Cora and Charlie (and I think Cassandra later) hiked down to the creek.

We were also able to stop in and see Dave and Gene, the couple Charlie worked with last summer. I think it was comforting for him to know that some of the things from last summer are still around, like Gene making That'll Do Cake (You should ask Charlie about that. It's a pretty funny story). And wouldn't you know, One-Horn Bob is still around. In case you don't know, last summer, there were three moose that hung around Charlie's camper, one of which we named One-Horn Bob, for obvious reasons--He only had one horn. Dave and Gene told us that some of the other workers saw him, but they were calling him Oliver. Dave and Gene corrected them as to his real name :)
No comments:
Post a Comment