Thursday, November 12, 2009

I guess it's not too early

Lately Sam has had an interest in potty training. A couple months ago, I bought a toilet seat for him (one that will just sit right on top of the regular one) and I put him on it every so often with all his clothes on, just so he would know it isn't something to be scared of. I know that's a problem with a bunch of other kids. They're scared of the toilet, so they don't want to use it. Well, Sam hasn't been scared at all. In fact, it's one of his favorite places to read now :) He's even associating the bathroom with the place that he's supposed to go to the bathroom. About a week ago, I was changing his diaper, and then I said, "OK, let's go sit on the toilet." He ran into the bathroom, and then proceeded to pee on the floor. At least it wasn't on the carpet. So we've started putting him on it throughout the day, and he's actually used it a couple times. He did the same thing yesterday, luckily he still had his diaper on. If I could have gotten there about 30 seconds earlier, that would have been one less diaper I had to change. Oh well.

2 comments:

Cass said...

Yeah Sam! I would suggest putting him on every half hour or so to try to catch it more.

Brooke said...

Yay for the joys of potty training! That's awesome that's he interested... Good luck with it. We have a couple kids at the center working on it right now, boy is it interesting and sometimes frusterating...