Sam's first T-ball game was at the end of July. He had a lot of fun, although he was pretty confused about what was going on. Especially when it was his turn to bat.We had practiced a little right before the
game to show him what to expect, and he seemed to understand it, but one thing we didn't account for was all the yelling that was going on. All the parents were yelling instructions to their kids, and Sam wasn't sure who to listen to. Which is why in the video, which is his first time at bat, he looks so silly. He could hear someone yelling to pay attention (which confused him, because he WAS paying attention), someone yelling to catch the ball ("But I just hit it. Why would I catch it?"), others yelling to run to the ball, throw the ball, etc. I don't think he could decide what to do. Plus, it was his first time wearing a helmet, and he didn't like it. It was too big for him (he was, of course, the littlest guy), so he was trying to get the feel of that as well. It was all pretty comical to watch.
He got better with each game. He even caught a ball :) I wanted to get a
sort of before and after video of his first at-bat vs his last at-bat,
but I forgot my camera the last game (I realized a little too late that I
had my iPod and could have done it that way. Oh well), but here's a
video of a hit later in the season. Much better form :)
Somehow, I think our team ended up without an actual coach, so some of the parents volunteered. T-ball was during a break in Charlie's crazy schedule, so he was able to help out. I think he had fun with it, although some of the kids were a little difficult to manage.
Sam had a lot of fun. I'm sure he'll want to do it again next year. And maybe by that time, he'll grow some and be able to push the older boys out of the way :)
No comments:
Post a Comment